Mini Lemon Poppyseed Doughnuts by Back Porch Paleo
My goodness......... These doughnuts submitted by Back Porch Paleo are making my mouth water! In need of a solid healthy doughnut option? Give these a try!
Mini Lemon Poppyseed Doughnuts
SERVING SIZE: 16-18
- 1 cup Otto’s Cassava Flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp Redmond Real Salt
- 2 tsp poppy seeds
- zest of 1 lemon
- 2 tbs maple sugar
- ¼ cup Tin Star Brown Butter Ghee (or fat of choice)
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- ¾ full fat coconut milk
- 1 egg
- 10-12 drops of doTERRA lemon essential oil
- 1 cup organic powdered sugar
- juice of one lemon
- ½ tsp lemon zest
- Sift together cassava flour, baking powder salt and poppy seeds.
- In a separate bowl beat the coconut sugar and ghee until fluffy.
- Add syrup, coconut milk, vanilla, egg and lemon oil to the ghee mixture and beat until well combined.
- Combine dry ingredients with wet and beat again until well combined. Batter will thicken up as it sets.
- Use a plastic bag with the tip cut off to pipe batter or you can also use a pastry bag with a large tip, whichever method, fill with batter and prep your donut maker or donut pan and bake according to manufacturers instructions.
- Once donuts are cooled, stir together all glaze ingredients in a small bowl until well combined. You want a smooth and pretty fluid consistency so that you can dip the top of the donut in it and then it will slowly drip slowly down the sides.
- Allow glaze to set and serve!
BY BACK PORCH PALEO