Honey Gochujang Trout by The Daley Plate
This Salted Maple Roasted Chicken submitted by The Daley Plate makes me weak in the knees. Get to cooking and let your tastebuds have a party with this one! Steps are below!
Honey Gochujang Trout
- 1 side of steelhead trout (roughly 2lbs)
- 4 cloves fresh garlic, finely minced
- 3 tbsp salted butter
- 1 tbsp Korean Gochujang paste
- 2 tbsp honey
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley
- Optional: lemon wedges to serve
- Combine gochujang, honey + parsley in a small bowl and set aside.
- Heat a non-stick oven safe skillet to medium-high. Add butter + garlic and cook for 1 minute until melted.
- Place trout in pan skin side down. Cook for 3-5 minutes.
- While that happens, use a marinade brush to spread gochujang mixture evenly over the flesh side of the trout.
- Remove from heat and place under a moderate broiler for 5-8 minutes or until gochujang is slightly caramelized and fish just cooked through.
- Place on a serving dish, pour pan juices on top. (For great Korean recipes with a twist, I highly recommend @koreanfusion)
BY THE DALEY PLATE