Paleo Low-Carb Pad Thai by Lau's Healthy Life
There is nothing better than a big plate of delicious Pad Thai! Lauren killed it with this version made from Spaghetti Squash and a bunch of other goodness! Definitley give this recipe a try next time you are craving some Thai food!
Paleo Low-Carb Pad Thai by Lau's Healthy Kitchen
- 2 peppers (I used red & orange)
- 1/2 of an onion (I used yellow)
- 1/2 cooked spaghetti squash (about 600 grams)
- 1 zucchini, spiralized
- 1 handful shredded carrots (~100 grams)
- 1 tbs coconut oil
- 1/4 cup egg whites (about 2 egg whites)
- 1 egg
- 1 cup bean sprouts
- 1/2 container of extra firm tofu (about 180 grams)
- Optional* extra protein of choice (I added some pre-cooked chicken!) .
- 2 garlic cloves, grated or minced
- 1 tbs fresh ginger, grated or minced
- 3 tbs crunchy natural peanut butter (or nut butter of choice)
- 1 tbs chilli paste
- 1 tbs coconut aminos or gluten free tamari
- 1 tbs fish sauce
- 1 tbs white vinegar
- 1 tbs fresh lime juice
- Add the ingredients for the sauce together in a small bowl & set aside.
- Heat the coconut oil in a large saucepan over medium high heat & add the peppers & onion, cook until fragrant & soft- about 5-7 mins.
- Add your tofu & extra protein if using, as well as the carrots & cook for a few more minutes.
- Then add the egg whites & egg & scramble with the other ingredients in the pan.
- I then added the bean sprouts, sauce, zucchini & spaghetti squash to the pan with about 1/4 cup of water (you can add or or less depending on the consistency you want for your pad Thai!).
- Turn the heat to medium/low & cook for a few minutes.
- When the zoodles are cooked & it's all heated up together remove from heat & serve with desired toppings! I love roasted peanuts, tons of cilantro & fresh lime!
BY LAU'S HEALTHY LIFE