Ahi Poke Sushi Bowls with Wasabi Sauce by The Roasted Root
One of the best inventions since Pizza has to be Poke Bowls! Julia from the Roasted Root has outdone herself with this one! She also tops this bowl with a Wasabi Sauce to make it even more of a game changer! Definitley give this one a try!
Ahi Poke Sushi Bowls by The Roasted Root
- 1 pound sushi-grade ahi filetchopped into bite-sized cubes
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh gingergrated
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil*
- 2 tablespoons liquid aminos
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon red chili sauce such as sriracha to taste
- 2 teaspoons agave nectar
- 2 teaspoons sesame seeds
- sea salt
- 1 teaspoon wasabi paste
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise I used avocado oil mayo
- 1/2 teaspoon agave nectar or pure maple syrup
- 1-½ cups uncooked forbidden rice black
- 1 large ripe mango sliced
- 1 large ripe avocado sliced
- 1 medium cucumber diced
- Pickled Ginger
- Rosted Seaweed chopped into strips
- Sesame seeds
PREPARE THE AHI POKE:
Whisk together the ingredients for the marinade (everything but the ahi) in a bowl. Add the chopped raw ahi and gently stir. Taste for flavor and add more sea salt and/or soy sauce to taste. Cover and refrigerate until ready to use.
PREPARE THE WASABI MAYO:
Whisk together the ingredients for the wasabi mayo in a small bowl.Refrigerate until ready to use.
PREPARE THE SUSHI BOWLS:
Cook rice according to package instructions. Once cooked, divide rice between 3 to 4 bowls and top with desired amount of mango, avocado, cucumber, pickled ginger, and ahi poke. Drizzle on desired amount of wasabi mayo, and serve with slices of roasted seaweed and sesame seeds.
BY THE ROASTED ROOT: