Perfect Collard Green Wraps by The Defined Dish
Ditch the Tortillas and start using Collard Wraps for a tasty Paleo option! Alex killed it with this wrap and has some awesome tips to making this work!
PERFECT COLLARD GREEN WRAPS BY THE DEFINED DISH
- Collard Greens
- Cut large end off the stem and then shave the top of the remaining stem.
- Place Collard greens one at a time into boiling water for 30 seconds.
- Plunge the hot collard into a bowl of ice water or place under running cool sink water to stop the cooking process. Then, set on top of paper towels to soak up the water.
- Repeat steps 1-3 so that you have 2 “blanched” collard greens, this will make 1 wrap. Lay the two collard greens so that they overlap by about 1 inch.
- In the center of the collard greens, fill with desired filling(s).
- Fold in sides and roll gently, yet tightly, like a burrito. If you want it more flat and wide (instead of burrito style) fill more in the center and wider, but not as much lengthwise.) They stay together best burrito style!
- Cut in half and secure with toothpicks if not eating immediately.
- Now kick back and enjoy!
BY ALEX SNODGRASS