Tom-Yum Soup by The Defined Dish
You could whip up this Whole 30 beauty in 30 minutes or less! Alex swears by it and you will be slurping this super flavorful soup in no time!
TOM-YUM SOUP BY THE DEFINED DISH
- 2 tbsp. olive oil or avocado oil
- 1 white onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 32oz. carton seafood stock
- 32oz. carton chicken broth (use 2 cartons of chicken broth if you can't find seafood)
- 1 inch nob of ginger, peeled and grated
- 1 stalk of lemongrass, cut into 2 inch lengths
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts sliced thinly against the grain
- 2 cups of baby bella mushrooms, cut into fourths
- 2 cups halved cherry tomatoes
- 1-3 thai chiles, sliced thin (1 for mild, 3 for spicy)
- 1 (loosely packed) fresh cilantro leaves
- 1/4 tsp. ground coriander
- 2 tbsp. coconut aminos
- 3 tbsp. fish sauce
- 3 tbsp. lime juice
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 lb. peeled, deveined shrimp (tail off)
- Heat oil over medium heat. Add diced onions and minced garlic. Season with salt and pepper and saute until tender, about 5-7 minutes.
- Add in the 2 cartons of broth, the grated ginger. Use the back of your knife to pound the lemon grass, just to bruise it to release the flavor. Add it to the broth. Bring to a boil.
- Add in the sliced chicken and reduce heat to a simmer. Cook until chicken is cooked through (no longer pink).
- Add in the sliced thai chile(s), ground coriander, the fish sauce, coconut aminos, the lime juice, tomatoes, and mushrooms. Continue to simmer until tomatoes are tender and the mushrooms are cooked through, about 4 more minutes.
- Add the shrimp and cook 3-5 more minutes, or until shrimp is cooked through.
- Stir in the cilantro.
- Serve and enjoy!
BY ALEX SNODGRASS