Crispy Chicken Cutlets topped with bubbly buffalo mozzarella finished with a delicious Bruschetta and Balsamic Maple Sauce to complete this crowd pleaser dinner. Give it a try!
- 1 1/2 – 2 lbs chicken breast
- cassava flour
- Italian seasoned breadcrumbs, I used gluten free Aleias.
- 2 eggs
- 2–3 big buffalo mozzarella balls
- 1 cup avocado oil
- 6 big vine ripened tomatoes or beefsteak, diced
- 1 cup loosely packed basil, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup red onion, finely diced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp salt, taste and add more salt as needed
- 1/4 tsp pepper.
BALSAMIC MAPLE SAUCE
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
THE CHICKEN STEPS
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Start off by cutting the tenderloin off of the breast. Then cut the chicken breasts in half and butterfly each half. Lightly pound out the chicken breast pieces so that they are pretty thin. Sprinkle both sides of the chicken with a little pepper and a nice sprinkle of salt and set aside.
- Build your dredging station by getting a plate of cassava flour, plate of the breadcrumbs, and a shallow bowl. Beat the eggs and set aside. I like to just sprinkle the cassava flour and breadcrumbs so there is a nice layer of each on the plate. Then sprinkle more as needed during the breading process.
- Dredge the chicken in the cassava flour and shake off any excess. Dip both sides of the chicken in the egg then dredge in the bread crumbs. Set aside.
- Get a dutch oven or fry safe pot and add in 1 cup of Avocado oil. Heat up to 360-375 degrees then drop the chicken cutlets working in batches. Fry chicken for 2 minutes each side then remove from pot and add chicken pieces to a large casserole dish. Repeat process until all of the chicken is cooked.
- Top the chicken cutlets with a nice layer of the buffalo mozzarella slices. Bake for 10-15 minutes. Once the cheese starts to melt, broil on high for 3-5 minutes. You want there to be some nice color and the cheese to be fully melted. Keep eyes on this step since the cheese bubbles up quick!
- Add all of the ingredients to a medium sized bowl and toss. Let this sit in the fridge while making the chicken so that the flavors come together.
BALSAMIC MAPLE SAUCE STEPS
- Grab a small saucepan and get on medium heat. Add in the Balsamic Vinegar and Maple Syrup. Give it a nice stir and continue to stir from time to time. Let this come to a boil and it will start to thicken up. Continue to stir and once glaze consistency, remove from heat and add to a bowl. This will take about 8-10 minutes.
- Add a piece of that gorgeous chicken to a plate. Top with a nice layer of the bruschetta and spoon over some of the glaze.
Keywords: Chicken, Bruschetta