Delicious Creamy Butternut Squash that you could dip anything into. So smooth, a little sweet, and addicting.
Butternut Squash Hummus Ingredients:
- 1 butternut squash, cut in half lengthwise, seeds and pulp removed
- 10 scallions, ends removed
- 1 cup chopped roasted cashews
- olive oil
Roasted Vegetables Ingredients:
- two broccoli heads, cut into small florets
- 1 zucchini
- 2 large carrots
- 1 sweet potato
- olive oil
- 1 lemon
- garlic powder
Blackened Chicken Strips:
- 1 chicken breast
- avocado oil
- blackened seasoning
Butternut Squash Hummus Steps:
- Drizzle your cut butternut squash with olive oil and honey then sprinkle with salt and pepper. make sure to give the squash a nice massage to make sure all of the ingredients are coated it. Bake face side down on a sheet tray covered in tinfoil or parchment paper at 350 for 1 hour.
- While that is baking, use a grill pan or regular pan to grill your scallions for 2-5 minutes until they have a nice char on them then set aside.
- Add one cup of roasted cashews to a food processor or blender, then drizzle in olive oil until it creates a peanut butter like texture. Once done, scrape this into a bowl and set aside.
- Once the squash is done baking, add the roasted squash to the bowl you put the cashew mixture in and include the delicious honey and olive that is leftover in the squash and tray. Chop up the charred scallions and add those to the bowl. Squeeze in half of a lemon and sprinkle generously with salt and pepper.
- Give this a nice mix and then add to a blender or food processor. Drizzle in olive oil until the mixture starts to blend. This will be finished when its a smooth silky texture. TIP: this took a bit to get a nice blend going. Make sure to stop a few times to give it a nice mix with a spatula and to make sure the olive oil was incorporated. Just continue to drizzle in olive oil until a nice puree forms.
Roasted Veggies Steps:
- Start by cutting your broccoli into florets then set aside. Cut your zucchini in half then cut into thirds length wise. Peel your sweet potato and cut into strips lengthwise then cut into pieces. Peel your carrots then cut in half and into thirds (use picture as reference for how the veggies should look)
- Add all of the veggies to a large sheet tray and drizzle with olive oil then sprinkle with salt, pepper, garlic powder. squeeze half of the lemon over the veggies. Mix up then bake at 350 for 30 minutes.
- Take out of the oven to toss the veggies then bake an additional 15-30 minutes until the vegetables start to get a little crispy.
Blackened Chicken Strips Steps:
- Start off by butterflying your chicken breast then season nicely with a blackening spice mix of your choice.
- Get a pan or grill pan on medium high heat. Once hot, drizzle in some Avocado oil then sear for 5 minutes each side. Make sure chicken is cooked to 165 degrees then remove from pan.
- Let rest for 5-10 minutes then slice into strips.
Keywords: hummus, dip,