Delicious Shrimp Scampi topped with Spaghetti Squash baked with a tasty layer of bubbly cheese. Need I say more?
- 1 1/2 lbs shrimp, tails removed
- 1 lg or 2 small spaghetti squashes
- 1/2 cup white wine, I used pinot grigio
- 1/4 cup gluten free Panko, I like Aleia’s
- 1 cup shredded monetary jack cheese
- 1/4 cup grated parmigiano reggiano cheese
- 3 tbsp butter
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 small shallot, minced
- 1 small lemon
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- Pinch of red pepper flakes
- Italian parlsey, chopped
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Cut the spaghetti squash in half and scoop out the insides where the seeds are. Drizzle with a little EVOO and rub with your hands so that the whole inside is coated nicely. Sprinkle with some Salt and Pepper and add cut side down to a baking sheet. Bake for 30 minutes then remove and flip. Add back to the oven and bake for another 20 minutes. You know it will be done once you could create noodles easily with a fork. Use a fork and go back and forth to create noodles in the spaghetti squash and set aside.
- Turn on your broil to high. Oven rack should be one below the highest setting.
- Get all of your ingredients prepared for the Shrimp Scampi. Start by removing the tails and cleaning your shrimp and patting dry. Mince the garlic and shallot.
- Grab a 12 inch oven safe nonstick pan and heat at medium high. Once hot, add in 1 tbsp of Olive oil and 1 tbsp of butter. Season the shrimp with salt, pepper, and garlic powder both sides. When the butter melts, swirl the pan a few times then add in the shrimp in a single layer. Cook for 1 minute then flip and cook for another 1 minute.
- Drop the heat to medium and remove the shrimp to a bowl. Add in 2 tbsp of butter and olive oil to the pan. Once melted, add in the minced shallot and sauté for 1-2 minutes. Add in the 4 minced garlic cloves and sauté for 1 minute.
- Add in 1/2 cup white wine and let reduce for 2 minutes. Add in the juice of 1 lemon ensuring no seeds go in and let cook for 1 minute stirring often. add in a nice pinch of salt and red pepper flake and stir. Now add in your spaghetti squash and mix up so that the noodles separate and are Incorporated in the sauce.
- Add back in the shrimp and juices in the bowl to the pan. Mix up so that everything is combined nicely then turn heat off. Sprinkle with the cheeses so that it covers everything. Melt 1 tbsp of butter in a small bowl and add in the 1/4 cup of Panko. Mix up with a spoon then sprinkle on top of the cheese layer.
- Add to the oven and let broil for 2-3 minutes. I like to turn the pan halfway through to get even melting. Keep eyes during this whole process because it bubbles quick and the Panko browns fast. Remove from oven then top with a nice sprinkle of the Italian Parsley.
If you are using 2 spaghetti squash, add in the 3 halves and mix up. If you feel its enough spaghetti squash with the sauce, save the 1 remaining halve for something else.