Crispy Air Fried Cauliflower Gnocchi paired with a super creamy Alfredo sauce that will knock your socks off. Delicious sausage, peppers, and mushrooms to bring it all together.
- 1 package Trader Joe’s Cauliflower Gnocchi
- 2 cooked Italian Sausages, I used Applegate Sweet Italian Sausage
- 1 cup heavy cream
- big handful of shredded parmigiana reggiana cheese
- big handful of shredded pecorino romano cheese
- 12 cremini mushrooms
- 1 red pepper
- 1 medium sized shallot, minced
- 2 garlic cloves, grated or minced
- 3 tbsp butter
- olive oil
- Start off by slicing your mushrooms thin and red pepper into thin strips. Slice up the sausages into think pieces.
- Grab a large pan and get on medium high heat. Add in a drizzle of olive oil then add the sausage, mushrooms, and red pepper. Cook for 10-12 minutes. You want the pepper to be soft and the mushrooms and sausage to be browned. Once cooked, remove from pan and set mixture aside.
- Add in 3 tbsp of butter in the pan on medium heat. Once melted, add in the minced shallot and cook for 2-3 minutes stirring often. Now add in the garlic and cook for 1-2 minutes.
- Reduce heat to medium low and add in the cup of cream. Cook for 5 minutes and stir often so that the butter and cream come together. Once 5 minutes is up, slowly add in the cheeses whisking the sauce the whole time. You want this to be a creamy mixture so dont rush this step.
- Once sauce is nice and creamy, season with a nice sprinkle of salt and pepper. Add in the mushroom, pepper, and sausage and give a nice toss. Top sauce mixture on your gnocchi and enjoy!
Air Fried Cauliflower Gnocchi Steps:
- Add the frozen cauliflower gnocchi to a big bowl and make sure the gnocchis aren’t sticking together. Drizzle with olive oil and season with a nice sprinkle of salt, pepper, and garlic powder.
- Add gnocchi to a preheated air fryer set to 400 degrees. Cook for 12 minutes, removing and shaking the air fryer pan every 4 minutes. You want the outside to be slightly crispy. I used a 6 qt air fryer. If using a smaller one, work in batches.
- Toss the gnocchi in the sauce and plate up! If you want to keep the gnocchi crispy, plate the sauce mixture in a bowl and add the crispy gnocchi on top.
Serve this with blackened shrimp or some seared scallops to turn it up a notch!
Keywords: gnocchi, alfredo,