Cancel your reservation at Olive Garden because this Alfredo sauce will have you singing in joy on top of your kitchen counter top! I used two gorgeous cheeses to make this Alfredo sauce that was so creamy and dreamy it should be illegal.
I also used Trader Joes Cauliflower Gnocchi and used my air fryer to get them nice and crispy on the outside. The texture works amazing and plays nicely with the sausage and mushroom mixture and sauce. Make sure to put your jammies on before eating this since it is insanely comforting and will make you smile and want to high five a stranger! The beauty of this dish is you could eat it as is, or top with some Shrimp or some Scallops to take it to the next level. Cook this for your next date night and be prepared for marriage since they won’t want to ever leave your side!Print
Crispy Air Fried Cauliflower Gnocchi paired with a super creamy Alfredo sauce that will knock your socks off. Delicious sausage, peppers, and mushrooms to bring it all together.
- 1 package Trader Joe’s Cauliflower Gnocchi
- 2 cooked Italian Sausages, I used Applegate Sweet Italian Sausage
- 1 cup heavy cream
- big handful of shredded parmigiana reggiana cheese
- big handful of shredded pecorino romano cheese
- 12 cremini mushrooms
- 1 red pepper
- 1 medium sized shallot, minced
- 2 garlic cloves, grated or minced
- 3 tbsp butter
- olive oil
- Start off by slicing your mushrooms thin and red pepper into thin strips. Slice up the sausages into think pieces.
- Grab a large pan and get on medium high heat. Add in a drizzle of olive oil then add the sausage, mushrooms, and red pepper. Cook for 10-12 minutes. You want the pepper to be soft and the mushrooms and sausage to be browned. Once cooked, remove from pan and set mixture aside.
- Add in 3 tbsp of butter in the pan on medium heat. Once melted, add in the minced shallot and cook for 2-3 minutes stirring often. Now add in the garlic and cook for 1-2 minutes.
- Reduce heat to medium low and add in the cup of cream. Cook for 5 minutes and stir often so that the butter and cream come together. Once 5 minutes is up, slowly add in the cheeses whisking the sauce the whole time. You want this to be a creamy mixture so dont rush this step.
- Once sauce is nice and creamy, season with a nice sprinkle of salt and pepper. Add in the mushroom, pepper, and sausage and give a nice toss. Top sauce mixture on your gnocchi and enjoy!
Air Fried Cauliflower Gnocchi Steps:
- Add the frozen cauliflower gnocchi to a big bowl and make sure the gnocchis aren’t sticking together. Drizzle with olive oil and season with a nice sprinkle of salt, pepper, and garlic powder.
- Add gnocchi to a preheated air fryer set to 400 degrees. Cook for 12 minutes, removing and shaking the air fryer pan every 4 minutes. You want the outside to be slightly crispy. I used a 6 qt air fryer. If using a smaller one, work in batches.
- Toss the gnocchi in the sauce and plate up! If you want to keep the gnocchi crispy, plate the sauce mixture in a bowl and add the crispy gnocchi on top.
Serve this with blackened shrimp or some seared scallops to turn it up a notch!
Keywords: gnocchi, alfredo,