In need of a decadent dessert to impress your loved ones? Give this baby a try! I cleaned it up a bit with the ingredients but you would never guess after trying it.Print
insanely decadent and addicting! You will get thank you cards in the mail from your family and friends thanking you for this.
Gooey Butter Cake
- 1 cup plus 1 tbsp unsalted butter
- 3/4 cup maple sugar
- 1/2 cup almond milk
- 4 eggs
- 8 ounce cream cheese
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- turbinado sugar
- small container of raspberries
- 1 tbsp monk fruit sugar
- 1 tbsp honey
- 2 tbsp water
- few dashes of sherry vinegar
Gooey Butter Cake Steps
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grab a big bowl and add in the 1 cup butter. Beat with a hand mixer until smooth. Add in the cream cheese and beat until smooth. Now add in the sugar and beat until smooth. Add in one egg at a time and beat until smooth. Add in the vanilla and milk, beat until smooth. Set the wet mixture aside.
- Grab a medium sized bowl and add in the almond flour, coconut flour, salt, and baking powder. Mix up so everything is combined.
- Slowly add in the dry to the wet mixture beating with the hand mixture. Once all of the dry is combined with the wet, set aside.
- Grab 6 creme brûlée ramekins. You could always use a greased muffin tin for smaller portions if you don’t have ramekins (haven’t tested this but should work)
- brush the ramekins with the 1 tbsp melted butter then sprinkle in some of the turbinado sugar and shake around the ramekin so a layer of the sugar forms. pour out the excess on a plate.
- Now fill in the batter to each ramekin. You want to fill them up 3/4 full.
- Add to a tray spaced out and fill the bottom of the tray with a little water. Add tray to middle rack of oven and cook for 30 minutes. Test with a toothpick to ensure middle of cakes are cooked through. You want the toothpick or knife to be pretty clean.
- Let the butter cakes cool. Then cut around the edges with a knife and flip the ramekin to a plate. Optional step: brush with a little more butter and sprinkle with some turbinado sugar and use a small blow torch to caramelize the sugar.
- Serve with your favorite vanilla ice cream and whip cream!
Raspberry Sauce Steps
- Grab a medium saucepan and add the washed raspberries to it. Throw in the water, sugar, and honey. Heat on medium and cook for a few minutes. Add in the sherry vinegar and start to mash the raspberries. You want this to start to thicken up a bit. Once it thickens to a thin glaze, strain in a fine mesh strainer. Serve with the butter cake.