In need of a decadent dessert to impress your loved ones? Give this baby a try! I cleaned it up a bit with the ingredients but you would never guess after trying it.Print
Paleoish Gooey Butter Cake
- Prep Time: 20 MIN
- Cook Time: 30 MIN
- Total Time: 50 MIN
- Yield: 6 servings 1x
- Category: Paleoish Desserts
insanely decadent and addicting! You will get thank you cards in the mail from your family and friends thanking you for this.
Gooey Butter Cake
- 1 cup plus 1 tbsp unsalted butter
- 3/4 cup maple sugar
- 1/2 cup almond milk
- 4 eggs
- 8 ounce cream cheese
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- turbinado sugar
- small container of raspberries
- 1 tbsp monk fruit sugar
- 1 tbsp honey
- 2 tbsp water
- few dashes of sherry vinegar
Gooey Butter Cake Steps
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grab a big bowl and add in the 1 cup butter. Beat with a hand mixer until smooth. Add in the cream cheese and beat until smooth. Now add in the sugar and beat until smooth. Add in one egg at a time and beat until smooth. Add in the vanilla and milk, beat until smooth. Set the wet mixture aside.
- Grab a medium sized bowl and add in the almond flour, coconut flour, salt, and baking powder. Mix up so everything is combined.
- Slowly add in the dry to the wet mixture beating with the hand mixture. Once all of the dry is combined with the wet, set aside.
- Grab 6 creme brûlée ramekins. You could always use a greased muffin tin for smaller portions if you don’t have ramekins (haven’t tested this but should work)
- brush the ramekins with the 1 tbsp melted butter then sprinkle in some of the turbinado sugar and shake around the ramekin so a layer of the sugar forms. pour out the excess on a plate.
- Now fill in the batter to each ramekin. You want to fill them up 3/4 full.
- Add to a tray spaced out and fill the bottom of the tray with a little water. Add tray to middle rack of oven and cook for 30 minutes. Test with a toothpick to ensure middle of cakes are cooked through. You want the toothpick or knife to be pretty clean.
- Let the butter cakes cool. Then cut around the edges with a knife and flip the ramekin to a plate. Optional step: brush with a little more butter and sprinkle with some turbinado sugar and use a small blow torch to caramelize the sugar.
- Serve with your favorite vanilla ice cream and whip cream!
Raspberry Sauce Steps
- Grab a medium saucepan and add the washed raspberries to it. Throw in the water, sugar, and honey. Heat on medium and cook for a few minutes. Add in the sherry vinegar and start to mash the raspberries. You want this to start to thicken up a bit. Once it thickens to a thin glaze, strain in a fine mesh strainer. Serve with the butter cake.
Rate & Comment