One of the best parts about using Cauliflower for mashed potatoes is that it offers a lighter option compared to mashed potatoes. I love me some mashed potatoes but sometimes it sits so heavy! This side dish has a silky smooth puree type vibe to it that will go great with numerous main dishes!
I added some cheese to this to add some richness and solid flavor. Definitely takes this to the next level. This recipe is super easy and comes together in no time so lets get to cooking!
CAULIFLOWER CHEESY MASH STEPS
You want to start by breaking down two medium sized heads of cauliflower to small florets. Add them to a big pot and cover with water.
You will cover this with 2 tsp salt then bring to a boil. This will cook for about 30 minutes. You will know its done when you can pierce a floret easily with a fork.
Drain the cauliflower then we will mash with a hand blender. This is a pro kitchen tool to have around! You can also throw the pieces in a blender to puree.
Serve this with my meatloaf to have a bomb ass dinner!
Let’s get to cooking!Print
Paleoish Cauliflower Cheesy Mash
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 45 minutes
- Total Time: 1 HR
- Yield: 5–6 servings 1x
- Category: Paleoish, Sides
Super light, cheesy, smooth Cauliflower Mash that will be a perfect side to anything you throw at it.
- 2 medium sized cauliflower heads, about 10 cups
- 1 cup chicken bone broth
- 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1/2 cup full fat unsweetened greek yogurt
- 1 1/2 cup shredded white cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded parmigiana-reggiano cheese
- 2 tbsp butter
- 3 garlic cloves, minced or grated
- Start off by cutting 2 medium sized cauliflower heads into small florets. Add to a big pot and cover with water. Sprinkle with 2 tsp salt then bring to a boil. This will take around 30 minutes to soften up. Check one of the florets with a fork and see if it is soft. Drain once soft and add strained cauliflower back to the pot.
- Put heat on low and add in 1 cup chicken bone broth, 1/2 cup almond milk, 1/2 cup unsweetened full fat greek yogurt, and 2 tbsp butter. Stir around so that everything gets combined then use a hand blender to puree everything. If you don’t have one, you could do a a few batches in the blender to puree then re add that back to the pot.
- Once you have a smooth puree, add in the 3 grated garlic cloves and the 1/2 cup parmigiana-reggiano. stir until cheese is melted then slowly sprinkle in the 1 1/2 cups shredded white cheddar while stirring. Once all of the cheese is melted and combined add in 1 1/2 tsp salt, 1/4 tsp pepper, 1/4 tsp garlic powder. Mix up then serve.
Keywords: Cauliflower Mash
Rate & Comment