Check out our newest recipe! We’ve taken a beloved classic, the Starbucks egg bites, and given them a Paleoish twist. These delicious protein-packed bites are ideal for a nourishing breakfast or satisfying snack and do not sacrifice flavor. Head over to our Youtube channel and watch the step-by-step video tutorial here.
We’ve taken a beloved classic, the Starbucks egg bites, and given them a Paleoish twist. These delicious protein-packed bites are ideal for a nourishing breakfast or satisfying snack and do not sacrifice flavor.
- 8 eggs
- 16 oz (1 LB) cottage cheese
- 1 pkg bacon
- 1 ¾ cup shredded gruyere cheese
- 1 ¾ cup shredded monterey jack cheese
- 1 tbsp butter, melted
- 1 tsp hot sauce
- 1 tsp salt
- ¼ tsp pepper
- Start by cooking your bacon. Get a package of bacon. Add strips to a large sheet tray and space out a bit. You could use two trays if you need more space. Add to the cold oven and set to 400 degrees. Set a timer for 16 minutes and monitor the bacon. Once crispy, remove from the oven and add bacon strips to a paper towel lined plate. Pour the bacon grease on the tray to a bowl since we will be using this later.
- Grab a high speed blender and add in the 8 cracked eggs, 16 oz cottage cheese, 1 ¾ cup shredded gruyere cheese, 1 ¾ cup shredded monterey jack cheese, 1 tbsp melted butter, 1 tsp hot sauce, 1 tsp salt, and ¼ tsp pepper. Blend up until smooth and set aside.
- Preheat your oven to 300 degrees. Grab a muffin tin tray and a roasting pan. You will set the muffin tin in the roasting tray and add a small layer of water so that it Is just covering a little bit of the bottom of the muffin tin. Brush the muffin tin with the bacon grease so each one is coated. Cut up the bacon so that it is in a large bacon bit size. Add some of the bacon bits to the bottom of the muffin tray. Pour in the egg mixture leaving a little room at the top. Sprinkle a little more bacon on top then bake in the middle of the oven for 30-35 minutes. You want the egg bites to set so there shouldn’t be any remaining liquid present. You could poke one of them with a toothpick and it should come out clean.
- Remove egg bites from the muffin tin and enjoy! You could cut around with a knife if they get a little stuck.
SOUS VIDE VERSION
Same exact prep steps as above. Cooking notes below.
- Grab your 4 oz glass mason jars (could hyperlink the mason jars and do the amazon affiliate link there) and brush with the bacon grease. Add a few bacon bit peaces at the bottom. fill with the egg mixture leaving a little room at the top. Cover tightly with the lids and set aside.
- Get a big pot and fill with water. Set your sous vide (could hyperlink sous vide and put amazon affiliate link there) to 170 degrees. Once preheated, add the jars with the egg mixture in them to the bottom of the pot. Cook for 1 1/2 hours. Check to make sure the mixture is set. Use a knife to cut around and they should pop out pretty easily.
Keywords: egg bites, breakfast,