Roasted Salmon topped with a delicious Pistachio Pesto that pairs perfectly with the Sweet Potatoes as well!
Pistachio Pesto Ingredients:
- 2 cups basil, packed
- 3/4 cup parmigiano reggiano, packed
- 1/2 cup raw unsalted pistachios
- 1/2 cup olive oil + 1/4 cup olive oil reserved for later
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp pepper
- 1/8 tsp red pepper flakes
- 5–6 wild salmon filets
- Olive Oil
- Salt + Pepper
Roasted White Sweet Potatoes Ingredients:
- 4 white sweet potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
Roasted Asparagus Ingredients:
- 1 bunch of asparagus, ends removed
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- salt + pepper
Pistachio Pesto Steps:
- Add all of the ingredients (except basil) to a food processor or blender. Pulse a few times, then blend everything together until it starts to break down.
- Tear up the basil leaves and add them to the mixture then blend for a bit. Blend on low while drizzling in the 1/4 cup olive oil until smooth. Set aside.
Roasted Salmon Steps:
- Pat salmon dry and drizzle with olive oil brushing or using hands to ensure its nicely coated.
- Season files with salt and pepper. Broil on high for 4 minutes. For thicker filets, broil for 6-8 minutes.
Roasted White Sweet Potatoes:
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Add the cubed potatoes to a big bowl then toss with the Olive Oil. Sprinkle the spices over the potatoes and give a nice mix.
- Add the potatoes to two sheet trays so that they have some space. Bake for 30-40 minutes, tossing every 15 minutes.
- Keep a close eye on the potatoes after 30 minutes since they will crisp up quick. Add some flakey salt or another sprinkle of salt once they are finished cooking.
- Preheat oven to 425.
- Add the asparagus to a sheet tray and drizzle with the olive oil. Season with a nice sprinkle of salt and pepper then bake for 8 minutes.