This Mexican Beef Slider changes the game! Layers of Guacamole, Fried Cheese, Pico de Gallo, and a Southwest Ranch Sauce. You ready?
Mexican Beef Slider Ingredients:
- 2 lbs 80/20 ground beef
- package of bacon
- 12 count package of Kings Hawaiian rolls
- small block of manchego cheese
- small bag shredded cheddar cheese
- container of Good Foods Chunky Guac
- 2 tbsp butter
- Garlic Powder
Pico de Gallo Ingredients:
- 5 roma tomatoes
- 1 serrano pepper, minced
- 1/2 small white onion, diced
- 2 tbsp chopped cilantro
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tsp salt
Southwest Ranch Sauce:
- container of good foods ranch dip
- 1/3 cup diced red pepper
- 1 diced jalapeno, seeds removed if you want it less spicy
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 2 chopped garlic cloves
- 1/2 tsp salt
Mexican Beef Slider Steps:
- Start off by shredding the manchego cheese. Grab a bowl and add a big handful of the shredded manchego with a big handful of shredded cheddar and mix up. Set aside.
- Cut the rolls in half and add them to a baking tray. Melt 2 tbsp of butter and lightly brush the butter on the rolls. Add to the top rack of the oven on a low broil. This only takes a few minutes so keep eyes on them so that they don’t burn. Remove once slightly crispy. Set aside.
- Add bacon slices to a sheet tray with tinfoil. Add to a cold oven and preheat oven to 400 degrees. This way they cook more evenly. This should take around 20-25 minutes so keep eyes on it and remove the bacon once crispy and add to a plate with paper towels. Cut in half and set bacon aside. Bonus tip: drain the bacon fat to a bowl to cook the sliders in.
- Roll the ground beef into medium sized meatballs and set aside. Grab a 12 inch cast iron pan and get it on medium high heat. You want it nice and hot. Add in 1 tbsp bacon fat or avocado oil and swirl the pan around. Add one ball at a time of the ground beef and push down with a spatula right away. You want it to be a slider size patty. Continue process adding in 4 at a time to the pan. Sprinkle with a little salt, pepper, and garlic powder. Get a nice sear for 2 minutes then flip and season other side. Cook for another 1-2 minutes or until your desired doneness. Remove from pan.
- For cheese: Add a small pile (slider size) to the pan on medium high heat. Do a few piles with spacing in between. This will bubble fast. Flip once it starts to bubble and let the other side cook for a bit. Remove from pan and add the fried cheese slices to the cooked patties. It’s addicting!
- Now time to assemble! Add a nice layer of guacamole to the bottom bun then your Pattie on top. Put the fried cheese layer on top and some of the bacon. Do a nice spoonful of pico de gallo and a nice spoonful of the southwest ranch. Time to eat!
Pico de Gallo Steps:
Cut your tomatoes in half then remove the middle with the seeds. Dice the tomatoes and add to a bowl. Add the rest of the ingredients to the bowl and mix up. Let this sit in the fridge for 1-2 hours stirring eery so often for the flavors to come together.
Southwest Ranch Sauce Steps:
Add all ingredients to a small blender and blend until smooth. Let sit in fridge for a bit for the flavors to come together.