Delicious Crispy Fish Taco that will have your mind blown that its Paleo!
- 2 lb Halibut or any flaky white fish, Mahi mahi, cod, tilapia, etc.
- 1 cup cassava flour
- 1 cup Topo Chico
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp mustard
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
Fish Tacos Steps
- Pat the fish dry and cut the fish into strips. Season with salt on both sides right before adding it to the batter
- For the batter, grab two bowls for your wet and dry.
- WET: crack one egg in a bowl and lightly whisk in the COLD Topo Chico.
- DRY: sift the 1 cup cassava flour, 1 1/2 tsp salt, 1 tsp baking powder, 1/2 tsp paprika, 1/4 tsp garlic powder, and 1/4 tsp pepper.
- Now slowly whisk the wet into the dry ensuring you don’t overmix. This should be pretty thick like a pancake batter. NOTE: if too thin, add a little more flour. If too thick, add a little more Topo Chico.
- Once its at a pancake batter consistency, whisk in the mustard and set batter aside.
- Grab a dutch oven or big pan and heat up 1 cup of Avocado oil to 375 degrees. Once hot, dip the fish filets into the batter ensuring both sides are well coated. Working in batches, add to oil and cook for about 1 1/2 minutes each side. If thicker strips, go 2 minutes.
- Add cooked strips to a wire rack to cool and hit them with a little flakey salt right when they are done cooking.
- Add to the tortilla with some slaw and pickled onions. Top with the Chipotle Crema and go to town!
Keywords: paleo, fish tacos,