Skip the takeout and make this super tender and healthy version of Beef and Broccoli. This comes together super quick and the New York Strip takes this dish to the next level!
- 1/3 cup coconut aminos
- 2 tbsp honey
- 1 tbsp kethcup
- 1 tbsp sriracha
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 1 tsp grated ginger
- 2 tsp arrowroot starch
- 1 lb ny strip steak, sliced in thin pieces
- 2 broccoli heads, cut into florets and peel and slice the stalk into pieces
- 2 red peppers, large dice
- 1 small yellow onion, large dice
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- Olive Oil
- Start off by freezing the steak for 30 minutes. This makes it way easier to slice the meat thin. Now slice the steak into super thin pieces and add to a bowl. Set aside and let this come to room temperature for 30 minutes.
- Blanch your broccoli by adding it to a pot of boiling salted water and cook for 5 minutes stirring often. Drain the broccoli and rinse with cold water to stop the cooking process. Pat dry and set aside.
- Add your sauce ingredients to a bowl and whisk until combined. Set aside.
- Add your slurry ingredients to a small bowl and whisk until combined. Set aside.
- Grab a large dutch oven or large pan and put on medium high heat. Add in a drizzle of olive oil and once hot, throw in the peppers and onion. Season with a nice sprinkle of salt and pepper and cook for 5-7 minutes stirring often. Remove from pan and set aside.
- Add in a drizzle of olive oil and once hot sear your steak for 1-2 minutes working in batches so that you dont overcrowd the pan. Add your steak to a plate and set aside. Sprinkle with some salt and pepper.
- Reduce heat to medium and add in a drizzle of olive oil. Throw in your garlic and cook for 1-2 minutes. Add in your sauce mixture and let this come to a simmer stirring often. Once it starts to thicken, add in 1/3 cup water. Mix up and let this come to a simmer again.
- Once it starts to thicken again, slowly drizzle in the slurry while whisking. drop heat to low and keep whisking. If this gets too thick, add in 1 tbsp of water to thin it out a bit. Now add in the steak and vegetables back to the pan and give a nice mix.
- Let this simmer for a bit so that all of the flavors come together then serve over some Cauliflower rice!
Keywords: stir fry, paleo, steak