Move over P.F. Changs…. these delicious Paleo Chicken Lettuce wraps will have your tastebuds thinking you are being naughty.
- 1/4 cup hoisin sauce, I used Coconut Secret Brand
- 1/4 cup coconut aminos
- 2 tbsp ketchup, I used primal kitchen
- 2 tbsp rice wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp brown monk fruit sugar
- 1 tsp sesame oil
Chicken Lettuce Wraps Ingredients:
- 2 lb boneless chicken thigh, minced
- 2 packages butter lettuce, rinse and dry
- 8 crimini mushrooms, diced
- 2 medium carrots, peeled and diced
- 1 small shallot, minced
- 1 serrano pepper, minced (seeds removed if you prefer it less spicy)
- 6 oz can of sliced water chestnuts, diced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 inch knob of ginger, grated
- Avocado Oil
- Start off by mixing up the sauce ingredients in a bowl and set aside.
- Grab a large wok or pan and heat on medium-high. Once hot, add in 2 tbsp of Avocado Oil and let it heat up. Add in the minced chicken and season with a nice pinch of salt and pepper. Cook for 2 minutes, tossing often.
- Add in the mushrooms, carrots, and shallot. Season with a pinch of salt and pepper and cook for 6 minutes, stirring often.
- Add the serrano pepper and cook for 2 minutes. Now add in the garlic and ginger and cook for an additional 2 minutes.
- Remove pan from heat and drain out almost all of the oil and place back on stove on medium-high heat. Saute for 4 minutes to get a nice sear on everything mixing often.
- Add in 1/2 of the sauce mixture and cook for 4 minutes stirring often. Once done, add in the remainder of the sauce and the diced water chestnuts and cook for 4 minutes stirring often.
- Serve on top of the wraps and enjoy!
You could also top the lettuce wraps with some Cauliflower rice and the mixture!