Paleo Chicken Lettuce Wraps
- Prep Time: 40
- Cook Time: 30
- Total Time: 1 hour 10 minutes
- Yield: 4 servings 1x
- Category: Dinner
- Cuisine: Paleo, Whole 30
Move over P.F. Changs…. these delicious Paleo Chicken Lettuce wraps will have your tastebuds thinking you are being naughty.
- 1/4 cup hoisin sauce, I used Coconut Secret Brand
- 1/4 cup coconut aminos
- 2 tbsp ketchup, I used primal kitchen
- 2 tbsp rice wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp brown monk fruit sugar
- 1 tsp sesame oil
Chicken Lettuce Wraps Ingredients:
- 2 lb boneless chicken thigh, minced
- 2 packages butter lettuce, rinse and dry
- 8 crimini mushrooms, diced
- 2 medium carrots, peeled and diced
- 1 small shallot, minced
- 1 serrano pepper, minced (seeds removed if you prefer it less spicy)
- 6 oz can of sliced water chestnuts, diced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 inch knob of ginger, grated
- Avocado Oil
- Start off by mixing up the sauce ingredients in a bowl and set aside.
- Grab a large wok or pan and heat on medium-high. Once hot, add in 2 tbsp of Avocado Oil and let it heat up. Add in the minced chicken and season with a nice pinch of salt and pepper. Cook for 2 minutes, tossing often.
- Add in the mushrooms, carrots, and shallot. Season with a pinch of salt and pepper and cook for 6 minutes, stirring often.
- Add the serrano pepper and cook for 2 minutes. Now add in the garlic and ginger and cook for an additional 2 minutes.
- Remove pan from heat and drain out almost all of the oil and place back on stove on medium-high heat. Saute for 4 minutes to get a nice sear on everything mixing often.
- Add in 1/2 of the sauce mixture and cook for 4 minutes stirring often. Once done, add in the remainder of the sauce and the diced water chestnuts and cook for 4 minutes stirring often.
- Serve on top of the wraps and enjoy!
You could also top the lettuce wraps with some Cauliflower rice and the mixture!
Zac Pollack says
Recipe is amazing. Best part is the cooking process only requires the wok, so it’s a true one-pot meal. Our nine-year old pretty much sticks to hot dogs, chicken nuggets, and grilled cheese, but he loved it.
Dave Cohen says
Hey Zac! So pumped to hear you enjoyed this recipe and that it was kid friendly too! Hope you have a fantastic day!