Delicious roasted chicken paired with tasty Brussels Sprouts and Sweet Potato. Pop this in the oven and you are en route to flavor town!Print
Sheet Tray Roasted Chicken and Veggies with a Balsamic Maple Glaze
- Prep Time: 30
- Cook Time: 1 HR
- Total Time: 45 minute
- Yield: 4 servings 1x
- Category: sheet tray dinner
- Cuisine: Paleo
Delicious roasted Chicken and Veggies all done on one tray topped with a tasty Balsamic Maple Glaze.
Chicken and Veggies Ingredients:
- 2–3 lb chicken thighs with the skin
- 4 medium sweet potatoes, peeled and diced
- 2 lbs brussel sprouts, halved
- 8 cipollini onions or one shallot sliced thin
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- garlic powder
- italian seasoning
- onion powder
Lemon Garlic Butter:
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- pinch of salt
Balsamic Maple Glaze:
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1/3 cup balsamic vinegar
- Preheat oven to 425.
- Add all vegetables to a large bowl and drizzle with the olive oil and sprinkle with 2 tsp salt, 1 tsp pepper, and 1 tsp garlic powder. Mix together until evenly coated.
- Grab two sheet trays and add parchment paper or foil. Split up the vegetables on each tray and spread out evenly so that everything is nicely spaced out so that you arent overcrowding the trays.
- Pat your chicken thighs dry then brush with a little olive oil and season with salt, pepper, paprika, garlic powder, italian seasoning, and onion pwoder. Add a few pieces of chicken to each tray. Put trays into the oven and bake for 35 minutes adding the lemon garlic butter halfway through.
Lemon Garlic Butter Prep:
- Add butter to a bowl then melt in the microwave. Add in the crushed garlic, lemon juice, and salt and mix up.
- Pull out sheet trays half way through cooking and brush the chicken and vegetables with the Lemon Garlic Butter. Add back to the oven and cook for the remainder of time.
- Now prepare the Balsamic Maple Glaze by grabbing a small saucepan and adding the balsamic vinegar and maple syrup to it. Cook on medium heat and let this come to a boil. Once boiling for a few minutes, reduce heat to low and let this simmer and cook for 8-10 minutes. Remove from heat once it is a glaze like consistency (Add a little water and whisk if its too thick. This will thin it out a bit)
- Plate up the Chicken and Vegetables then spoon over some of the glaze and enjoy!
Anna Riley says
This recipe turned out so yummy!! The chicken was so tender (I tend to over dry my chicken all the time) – the veggies tasted soooo good – I’m making this recipe again for sure, so happy with the result!
Dave Cohen says
So happy to hear you loved it! The chicken cooks up perfectly and the fat helps flavor the vegetables! Pumped for you to make this again!