Big fan of Chilis Buffalo Chicken Salad? You are in the right spot then. This salad will have you crying tears of joy! Hope you enjoy and heres a close up of the Chicken Strips because I love you.Print
Paleo Chicken Strips in a delicious buffalo sauce topped on a salad that will make your heart and stomach very happy!
Chicken Strip Ingredients:
- 2 lb chicken breast, pounded thin
- 1 cup cassava flour, I used Otto’s
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups buttermilk, use coconut milk + 1 tbsp of lime juice for Paleo version
- avocado oil
- garlic powder
- onion powder
Buffalo Sauce Ingredients:
- 1/2 stick butter
- 1/2 cup hot sauce, I used Franks
- worcestershire sauce
- lettuce of your choice, I used some spinach and mixed greens
- shredded carrot
- pico de gallo
- dressing of your choice, I used a creamy tomatillo dressing (official recipe coming soon)
- Add two cups of buttermilk (or substitute) in a large bowl. Season with a nice pinch of salt, pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, paprika, and cayenne. Mix together.
- Cut chicken breast into strips and soak in the buttermilk mixture for at least one hour or overnight. After soaking, grab a shallow pan and whisk two eggs together.
- In a separate large bowl, sift the cassava flour then add some salt, pepper, and garlic powder then mix together. Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Grab the chicken strips, dip in the flour mixture then the egg mixture and then once more in the flour mixture. Once breaded, heat a 12 inch pan over medium-high heat.
- Add in 1/4 cup avocado oil and once oil is hot, add in the chicken strips ensuring you dont overcrowd the pan. Cook for 2 minutes on each side then add to a sheet tray. Add a little more avocado oil to the pan after each batch.
- Now prepare the buffalo sauce by melting the butter and hot sauce in a medium sized sauce pot. Add in a dash of Worcestershire sauce and mix up. Once simmering, remove from heat and let sauce cool down.
- Dip the chicken strips in the sauce and add them to a tray. Bake in a single layer at 450 degrees for 5 minutes.
- Grab a bowl and add a few handfuls of greens. Top with the Carrot, Avocado, Pico, then your chicken strips. Drizzle with dressing of your choice and enjoy!