One of the hardest parts of going Paleo is missing out on those creamy dreamy sauces you will find at restaurants. Think Alfredo, Pesto Cream, and some Vodka Pink sauce. Now I’m hungry! Also don’t forget about that drizzle of cream in your coffee or matcha every morning.
I made it my mission to crack the code on making a Paleo cream that would have the the same consistency as regular cream and that would get sauces nice and creamy without separating. I’ve tested this cream in a good amount of dishes and you could honestly not even tell the difference than when using regular cream. It doesn’t have a crazy nutty taste that would throw off certain recipes as well. Enough talk, lets make this!
Almond Cashew Cream Steps:
It is literally just Almonds, Cashews, and water. I soak the Almonds and Cashews in some filtered water for 8 hours or overnight. I then strain the nuts and add to a blender and blend with 2 cups of milk for 1-2 minutes. Blend until it gets nice and creamy.
It’s best to have a high speed blender for this since it does a great job at breaking down the nuts and getting the mixture super creamy. I used my Vitamix and it worked out perfectly!
You will also want an almond milk bag. I like this one a lot. This will allow you to strain out the pulp and will make it super creamy without having any grittiness to it from the nut pulp. You could also use a few layers of cheese cloth to strain it but will have to dispose of it after. The almond milk bag is reusable and they last a good amount of time so that’s why I like it.
This recipe will make about 3 cups of cream and lasts about 4-5 days. Let’s get to work!Print
Paleo Almond Cashew Cream
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 5 minutes
- Total Time: 10 minutes
- Yield: 3 cups cream 1x
- Category: Paleo
Skip the cream and use this Paleo alternative instead. It will be a perfect substitute and tastes amazing! It comes together in no time and is made with just Almonds, Cashews, and water!
- 1 cup raw almonds
- 1 cup raw unsalted cashews
- 2 1/4 cups water
- Grab a medium sized bowl and add the almonds and cashews to it. Cover with filtered water so that it covers the nuts. Cover with plastic wrap then add to the fridge for 8 hours or overnight.
- Drain the nuts with a strainer and add them to a high speed blender. Add in 2 1/4 cups of filtered water and blend on low. Increase speed to high and blend for 1-2 minutes or until mixture gets super creamy. Work in 1/4 cup water increments if you want to thin it out more.
- Grab a nut milk bag or a few layers of cheese cloth and an empty bowl. Pour the mixture into the nut milk bag over the bowl and begin to squeeze in a back and forth motion. Squeeze until all of the milk is in the bowl and you are left with just the pulp in the nut milk bag.
- Add the Almond Cashew cream to a bottle and enjoy! This will last 4-5 days if sealed properly.
Keywords: paleo cream, cream
Rate & Comment