Veggie packed mexican beef skillet that comes together in no time!
- 2 lb ground beef, I used grass-fed
- 8 oz white mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 1 large zucchini, cut in half lengthwise then sliced into half moon pieces
- 1 green pepper, cut into slices
- 1/2 small sweet onion, cut into slices
- 1 cup salsa of your choice (I used a medium heat one)
- Garlic Powder
- Salt + Pepper
- Heat up a 12 inch pan on medium-high heat. Once hot, add in a drizzle of avocado oil then add in the onion and green pepper. Season with a nice sprinkle of Salt and Pepper and cook for 7-9 minutes tossing often. Remove from pan once cooked.
- Add in another drizzle of oil and throw in the ground beef and brown. Add in 1 tsp of salt and a nice sprinkle of pepper. Remove from pan once browned and remove the fat in the pan leaving about a tbsp in the pan.
- Add in the zucchini and mushrooms and season with a sprinkle of garlic powder, salt, and pepper. Saute for 5-7 minutes.
- Now add the beef, onion, and pepper back to the pan and give it a nice toss. Add in the salsa and mix up. Reduce heat to a simmer and let the flavors come together for a few minutes then enjoy!