One Pan Cajun Shrimp and Vegetable Dinner
- Prep Time: 30
- Cook Time: 30
- Total Time: 1 hour
- Yield: 4 servings 1x
- Category: Dinner
- Method: One Pan Dinner
- Cuisine: Paleo, Whole 30
In need of an easy one pan dinner? Make this tasty cajun shrimp and vegetable meal that will be ready in no time! It comes together fast and will be a new family hit!
Spice Mix Ingredients
- 2 tsp Old Bay Seasoning
- 1 tsp Cumin
- 1/2 tsp Garlic Powder
- Salt + Pepper
- 1 lb Shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/2 a 14 oz Kielbasa or Smoked Sausage, cut in thin pieces
- 1/4 Cup Chicken Broth
- 1 Large Zucchini, cut in half moon slices
- 1 Yellow and 1 Red Bell Pepper, seeded & large dice
- 1 Large Shallot, minced
- 3 Garlic Cloves, minced
- Avocado Oil
- Parsley, to garnish
- Start off by mixing up the spice mix ingredients in a small bowl then set aside.
- Peel and devein your shrimp and dry with a paper towel.
- Sprinkle the seasoning all over the shrimp and make sure all sides are coated.
- Heat a 12-inch non-stick or cast iron pan on medium-high.
- Once hot, add in 1 tbsp of Avocado oil then add the sausage pieces in.
- Cook sausage for 3-5 minutes tossing often.
- Once browned, remove from pan using tongs to ensure the fat is left in the pan.
- Now add in the peppers and zucchini seasoning with a nice sprinkle of Salt and Pepper.
- Cook for 5-7 minutes tossing often. Remove from pan.
- Add in 1 tbsp of Avocado Oil to the pan.
- Once hot, add in your shrimp in a single layer and cook for 2 minutes.
- Flip your shrimp then cut for another minute. Add in 1 tbsp of butter and the garlic and shallot.
- Toss for 2 minutes then add the sausage pieces and vegetables back in the pan.
- Lower heat to medium and mix everything together. Add in chicken broth and 1/2 tbsp of butter.
- Drop heat to low and let simmer for a few minutes.
- Top with some parsley and enjoy!
- You could heat this up by adding in some spicy sausage. Use more of a mild sausage if you dont want it too spicy.
- This was delicious over some Cauliflower rice! You could top it on numerous things as well!
Keywords: Paleo, Whole30, Dinner, Easy dinner, one pan meal, one pan dinner
Rate & Comment