In need of an easy one pan dinner? Make this tasty cajun shrimp and vegetable meal that will be ready in no time! It comes together fast and will be a new family hit!
Spice Mix Ingredients
- 2 tsp Old Bay Seasoning
- 1 tsp Cumin
- 1/2 tsp Garlic Powder
- Salt + Pepper
- 1 lb Shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/2 a 14 oz Kielbasa or Smoked Sausage, cut in thin pieces
- 1/4 Cup Chicken Broth
- 1 Large Zucchini, cut in half moon slices
- 1 Yellow and 1 Red Bell Pepper, seeded & large dice
- 1 Large Shallot, minced
- 3 Garlic Cloves, minced
- Avocado Oil
- Parsley, to garnish
- Start off by mixing up the spice mix ingredients in a small bowl then set aside.
- Peel and devein your shrimp and dry with a paper towel.
- Sprinkle the seasoning all over the shrimp and make sure all sides are coated.
- Heat a 12-inch non-stick or cast iron pan on medium-high.
- Once hot, add in 1 tbsp of Avocado oil then add the sausage pieces in.
- Cook sausage for 3-5 minutes tossing often.
- Once browned, remove from pan using tongs to ensure the fat is left in the pan.
- Now add in the peppers and zucchini seasoning with a nice sprinkle of Salt and Pepper.
- Cook for 5-7 minutes tossing often. Remove from pan.
- Add in 1 tbsp of Avocado Oil to the pan.
- Once hot, add in your shrimp in a single layer and cook for 2 minutes.
- Flip your shrimp then cut for another minute. Add in 1 tbsp of butter and the garlic and shallot.
- Toss for 2 minutes then add the sausage pieces and vegetables back in the pan.
- Lower heat to medium and mix everything together. Add in chicken broth and 1/2 tbsp of butter.
- Drop heat to low and let simmer for a few minutes.
- Top with some parsley and enjoy!
- You could heat this up by adding in some spicy sausage. Use more of a mild sausage if you dont want it too spicy.
- This was delicious over some Cauliflower rice! You could top it on numerous things as well!
Keywords: Paleo, Whole30, Dinner, Easy dinner, one pan meal, one pan dinner