Fun Fact: Back in the day I would frequent the local Panda Express a good amount. My usual order would be the double meat plate and obviously Orange Chicken would be ordered 100% every time. I would switch up my second meat option quite a bit though and their Chicken and Mushroom Stir Fry dish started to become my go to!
I don’t eat fast food that much anymore but I still think about that dish often. A lot of you have been wanting to see me start to create more easy weeknight recipes made with minimal ingredients. That got me thinking about this dish. I decided to make a Paleo version and hope you guys love it! I served this over some Cauliflower Rice and it was insane!Print
Super easy and tasty Chicken Stir Fry dish that comes together in no time! This is Paleo and Whole 30.
STIR FRY INGREDIENTS:
- 1 1/2 lb boneless skinless chicken thigh, cut into small pieces
- 4 cups zucchini, 1/4″ half moon sliced
- 8 oz cremini mushrooms, sliced
- 1 large shallot, diced
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tbsp ginger, minced
- 2 tbsp potato starch
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp onion powder
- 1/8 tsp white pepper
- avocado oil
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1/2 cup coconut aminos
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- 1 1/2 tbsp rice wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 1/2 tsp sriracha
- Add all ingredients into a bowl excluding the chicken broth and whisk up. Set aside.
STIR FRY STEPS:
- Heat up a 12 inch pan on medium high heat. Once hot, add in 2 tbsp avocado oil. Working in batches, fry the chicken for 3 minutes each side. Remove from pan and add to a bowl. Set aside.
- Add in 1 tbsp of avocado oil to the pan then throw in the mushrooms and shallot. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Sauté for 4-5 minutes. Remove and add to the Chicken Bowl.
- Add 1 tbsp of avocado oil, throw in the zucchini and season with a nice sprinkle of salt and pepper. Sauté for 2-3 minutes. Add in 1 tbsp butter and sauté for an additional 4 minutes. Remove from pan and add to Chicken Bowl.
- Drop the heat to medium. Add in the garlic and ginger and sauté for 30 seconds to 1 minute. Once it starts to brown, add in the sauce and let it simmer for 1-2 minutes. Now add in the chicken broth and let simmer for 3-4 minutes.
- Once it reduces down a bit, add in the stir fry ingredients (chicken, mushrooms, shallot, and zucchini) and sauté all of the ingredients in the sauce. Drop heat to low and let this simmer for 3-4 minutes stirring often. Top with sesame seeds and enjoy!
- Serve this with some Cauliflower Rice.
- Could top this with an egg if you are feeling a little crazy!
Keywords: stir fry, whole 30